Welcome, Sing, Prayer,
and Approval of minutes from October’s meeting
Budget/finance team will meet Friday November 18th @ 7pm
o The budget will be proposed to the church on Sunday, November 20 and then voted on at December’s business meeting
o The budget will take effect January 1, 2006
o We need to find another way to get a credit/checking card. The bank will not allow us to get a card because our
account requires two signatures on all transactions.
o Faster Pastor Money is still on hold
Deacons/ leadership team’s report
Keep praying for the future Leaders of
o See attached list of nominated individuals
§ Does anyone have any objections or additions to the list?
o The list will be voted for/against in December’s meeting
Boiler repair is done…cost is approximately $1100.00
Carpets are getting cleaned this Saturday. If you want to help, let Donna Rex know
Cable TV has been run to the game room in the basement but will only
be turned on during special events. This is free courtesy of the cable company
- Pastor Matt will not be re-enlisting in the Air National Guard
- Pastor Matt changed his college degree to not include licensure with the state to better allow more time
for church, family, etc. and to put faith in God to provide for his family
- The website has been renewed ($40.00 once a year) but it had to be done on Pastor Matt’s Checking
- The website has been upgraded but the monthly fees are coming out of Pastor Matt’s checking card
($5/ month plus a one-time fee of $15)
- Children’s Christmas gifts for the Christmas service have not been purchased yet ($100 limit)
Do we need to set a more realistic time for New Years Eve party? YES. 6-9pm.
Approval/ disapproval to cancel Sunday School New Year’s Day and Christmas Day
S.S. for both weeks have been cancelled
Items to be discussed at future leadership team meeting:
I need leadership from each ministry to put together a short description about their ministry to
be placed in the visitor’s packets and then e-mail it to me if possible
Cancel youth night until we have more youth and schedule separate youth night/ family fun nights?
Make a homemade church directory with digital camera??
Christmas tree with shut-ins and group home people’s names on it??
Christmas wish list for the church??
Food for a family for the holidays??
Schedule the following events??
o Talent night/ “sing”
o Crazy/ ugly tie day
o Sunday Morning Communion services
Open floor- is there anything else?
This Sunday. Baptism service during church
Next Sunday. Baptism during Church.
November 27th after church. Combined Thanksgiving
& Christmas dinner
- December 3rd @ 10:00am. Men’s breakfast
- December 3rd @ 5:00pm. BCE Christmas Banquet
December 31st Family fun day/ New
Year’s Eve party
- May 5th, 2006. Associational Mother/ Daughter Sleepover at
- Matt’s National Guard schedule:
o 2005 is as follows:
o 2006 is as follows:
§ 1/20, 1/21, 2/3, 2/4, 3/11,3/12, 3/31,4/1, 5/20, 5/21, 6/2,
6/3, 7/14, 7/15, 8/4, 8/5, 9/16, 9/17, 10/6, 10/7